Peacock Journal strives to publish beautiful creative works.
Please read the guidelines below carefully before you submit work (and please note our “Alice’s Restaurant” Rule).
* Poetry: 3 to 5 poems; no more than 60 lines each
* Fiction and Creative Non-fiction: 1 to 2 pieces; 500 to 2000 words each
* Translations: 2 to 5 pieces, copyrights must be cleared prior to sending
* Photography & Art: 1 to 10 pieces (sent in two submissions, if needed) in jpeg or png format
* Audio: 1 to 3 in mp3 format
* All unsolicited work must be original and previously unpublished.
* Include a brief biography (no more than 200 words), please limit mentioned journals to a favored few. Bios may be edited to house style.
* Simultaneous submissions are welcomed, but notify us as soon as possible if a piece is accepted for publication elsewhere.
* All submissions will be considered for online publication as well as inclusion in future print anthologies.
* Send submissions through this submission form.
Authors retain all rights. We would appreciate it if you indicate your work first appeared in Peacock Journal in any subsequent publication.
60 days. Please query after this time has lapsed.
For further information see:
Six Questions for W.F. Lantry, Editor, and Kate Fitzpatrick, Managing Editor, Peacock Journal