Peacock Journal strives to publish beautiful creative works.
Please read the guidelines below carefully before you submit work (and please note our “Alice’s Restaurant” Rule).
* Poetry: 3 to 5 poems; no more than 60 lines each
* Fiction and Creative Non-fiction: 1 to 2 pieces; 500 to 2000 words each
* Translations: 2 to 5 pieces, copyrights must be cleared prior to sending
* Photography & Art: 1 to 10 pieces (sent in two submissions, if needed) in jpeg or png format
* Audio: 1 to 3 in mp3 format
* All unsolicited work must be original and previously unpublished.
* Include a brief biography (no more than 200 words), please limit mentioned journals to a favored few. Bios may be edited to house style.
* Simultaneous submissions are welcomed, but notify us as soon as possible if a piece is accepted for publication elsewhere.
* All submissions will be considered for online publication as well as inclusion in future print anthologies.
* Send submissions through this submission form.
Authors retain all rights. We would appreciate it if you indicate your work first appeared in Peacock Journal in any subsequent publication.
1 month. Please query after this time has lapsed.
For further information see:
Six Questions for W.F. Lantry, Editor, and Kate Fitzpatrick, Managing Editor, Peacock Journal